Charging hoverboard sets house aflame


No one was injured after a hoverboard combusted as it was being charged in a Daly City home earlier this month, police said Thursday.

On April 4, around 10:30 p.m., fire officials responded to a report of hoverboard that caught fire at a home in the 200 block of Merced Boulevard, according to police.

The hoverboard had been left in the home’s kitchen to charge when it allegedly combusted, police said.

The home’s resident was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived, according to police.

It was not immediately clear if the home sustained any damage as a result of the fire.

Hoverboards catching fire has become a cause for concern for some residents after three Bay Area homes caught fire this year due to hoverboards.

On Jan 19, an unattended charging hoverboard caught fire inside a Santa Rosa home, killing two dogs. Then on Jan. 25, a hoverboard caught fire and exploded inside a Petaluma home.

A hoverboard was blamed for a two-alarm fire at a San Leandro home that occurred on Feb. 1.

A’s win first home series with late surge

Previous article

Winemaker killed in Napa crash

Next article


Comments are closed.

You may also like

More in News