Two arrested in flashlight attack


Palo Alto police have arrested two suspects who allegedly attacked a man and hit him in the head with a large flashlight early Sunday morning outside of his home, police said Thursday.

Logan Phillip Korecky, 20, and Christopher Stadler Snyder, 24, both of Palo Alto, were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon, according to Palo Alto police Lt. Zach Perron.

At about 4:45 a.m. Sunday, police received a report of a battery on a man that occurred about 30 minutes earlier outside of his residence in the 1400 block of Tasso Street in Palo Alto, Perron said.

Officers met with the victim, an adult in his late teens, at the emergency room at Stanford Hospital, where he was being treated for a blow to his head, police said.

The victim told police that while outside his home, a man later identified as Korecky, whom he previously knew, pulled a sweatshirt over the victim’s head and started striking him over the head with a large flashlight, according to Perron. The victim then pulled away the flashlight from the attacker, who kept trying to punch him in the head.

He told police he fought back and used the flashlight to strike the suspect in the head once, causing him to fall down, police said. A second suspect, who police identified as Snyder, then came and helped the injured suspect into a black 1990 Acura and the pair fled the scene, according to police.

The victim and the suspects had made arrangements to meet outside the residence prior to the attack, according to Perron. The victim’s family took him to the hospital’s emergency room and called police, police said.

Not long afterward, according to police, Snyder drove up and dropped off Korecky at the same emergency room.

Hospital officials admitted Korecky for treatment for a wound to his forehead and released him on Tuesday, according to police. At about 2 p.m. Wednesday,

Palo Alto police stopped Snyder in his car near Ross Road and Ames Avenue, arrested him and booked him into the Santa Clara County Main Jail on suspicion of the attack, Perron said. At 8:20 p.m. that night, in an agreement with police, Korecky turned himself in at the jail, where he was arrested and booked.

The victim was released from the hospital later in the day on Sunday, police said.

Giants crush White Sox with seven in the seventh

Previous article

School board OKs funding for immig­rant children

Next article

You may also like

More in News