Night Mode Night Mode
Day Mode Day Mode

Woman dies, children hospitalized from carbon monoxide poisoning

A woman died and a man and three children were hospitalized from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a home in Pittsburg on Thursday evening, according to police.

Officers responded shortly after 7 p.m. to a home in the 100 block of Vincent Street after a family member reported not hearing from the people living there for several days and asked for a welfare check, police said.

The officers arrived and found a man who was disoriented and incoherent and went inside to find a woman unresponsive and three children who were also in the home. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and her name has not yet been released, and the other four were taken to a hospital and are all expected to survive, according to police.

PG&E crews who responded to the home measured a “very high” level of carbon monoxide that appears to have come from a heater for the home, but the exact cause remains under investigation, police said.

Haight Airbnb
Scroll to top
Close