Police in San Francisco have arrested a man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run collision Thursday morning near San Francisco State University.
According to the San Francisco Police Department, Jerry Lyons, 31, of San Francisco, was arrested on suspicion of multiple offenses, including:
- Gross vehicular manslaughter
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Felony hit-and-run
- DUI causing injury to another
- Driving a stolen vehicle
- Reckless driving causing injury to another
- Possession of stolen property
- Hit-and-run with property damage
- Failure to stop for a red light
- Committing an offense while on post-release community supervision
Officers responded around 8 a.m. Thursday to a report of a collision in the northbound lanes of Lake Merced Boulevard at Higuera Avenue.
A 26-year-old pedestrian was pronounced deceased at the scene, and three other people were transported to the hospital with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
A total of eight vehicles were involved in the collision, and police said Lyons was driving a 2003 Ford Explorer that had previously been reported stolen out of San Jose.
Following the collision, Lyons was transported to the hospital, released and arrested.