0

Fire crews quickly knocked down a one-alarm blaze that started in a chimney and spread to a home’s attic Saturday afternoon in Castro Valley, fire officials said.

The fire was reported about 1:20 p.m. at a home in the 25000 block of Palomares Road, according to the Alameda County Fire Department.

Sprinklers in the home’s attic assisted fire crews, who kept the blaze from spreading to the rest of the house, a fire department spokeswoman said.

No one was injured and the residents were not displaced.

Caldecott Tunnel bores to close in phases for maintenance work

Previous article

Helicopter crew rescues injured mountain biker from Annadel State Park

Next article

Comments

Comments are closed.

You may also like

More in East Bay