A gas leak on a 500-gallon propane tank has prompted evacuation orders for a neighborhood in San Jose on Tuesday morning, a fire department spokeswoman said.
A hazardous materials team responded around 7 a.m. to the problem reported in the 1600 block of Rogers Avenue and determined it was a leak at the valve of the tank, San Jose fire spokeswoman Erica Ray said.
Fire crews ordered evacuations of buildings within a half-mile of the leak, Ray said.
The leak has been secured and the order is expected to remain in effect until about 9:20 a.m. while crews monitor the situation, she said.
No injuries were reported as a result of the leak, which has shut down Rogers Avenue between Junction Avenue and Queens Lane.