Electrical short sparks fire that displaced 5


Fire officials said a one-alarm fire Sunday that caused $100,000 in damage to a Pleasanton home and $80,000 of damage to its contents was caused by an electrical short in a garage wall.

Livermore-Pleasanton Battalion Chief Mike Miller said firefighters were first told of the fire at 2:11 p.m. at 4606 Mason St.

Heat and smoke spread to the rest of the single-story, single-family home, damaging the whole house, Miller said.

The residents were not home when the fire started and none of the 22 responding firefighters was injured. Crews had the fire under control within 20 minutes, Miller said.

But the home is so damaged that the residents, who make up a family of five, will be staying with people they know from their church.

Miller said:

“Christmas presents in the house were damaged, so firefighters will provide replacement gifts to the three children through the Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program.”

Firefighters with the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department deliver tens of thousands of toys to children every year.

Two people killed in Mission shooting

Previous article

Lanes reopen after moving van over­turns

Next article


Comments are closed.

You may also like

More in News